I have decided to painted Artizan Miniatures British Paratroopers for two reasons, firstly they are a great variety of poses and headgear. Secondly I like the weapons casting it is solid and will not break as easily as some other manufacturers weapons. My pet peeve is flimsy weapons (rifles, swords & bayonets, etc...) nothing worse than spending hours painting and basing a great unit/regiment to then normally through no fault of your own to suddenly discover a rifle end knocked off or sword/bayonet snapped...Grrr!! really annoying. Artizan are normally very solid in that respect, unless dropped from the painting table onto a tiled floor ...which I have done. Enough of my rambling and on with the figures. I have been asked by visitors to my blog to list which paints I have used on the miniatures, so I hence forth shall....
I mostly use Vallejo Acrylic Paints. I start with a Chaos Black Primer by Citadel.
- Beret- 957 Flat Red Badge-790 Silver.
- Helmets- 892 Yellow Olive, Camouflage detailing 837 Pale Sand & 876 Brown sand.
- Para Wings Badge on left arm- 961 Sky Blue & 918 Ivory.
- Denison Smock- Base colour 917 Beige-Camouflage Pattern a mix of 929 Light Brown & 967 Olive Green with some blending. Smock buttons- 864 Natural steel.
- Trousers-981 Orange Brown highlighted with 916 Sand Yellow.
- Gaiters- 917 Beige with some Black shading.
- Backpack & Webbing-804 Beige Red with shading a mixture of 804 Beige Red and 168 Black Grey.
- Weapons a mixture of 168 Black Grey, 950 Black, 981 Orange Brown and 863 Gun Metal.
- Boots- 950 Black
- Flesh tones used are a mixture of 815 Basic Skin tone, 944 Old Rose & Coat d'arms Suntanned Flesh.